TUNING / RACING TIPS. GET READY FOR "WANGI".

Generally Sailing Talk
don47
Old Fart

TUNING / RACING TIPS. GET READY FOR "WANGI".

Postby don47 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:19 am

I've been asked on a number of occasions how do I best tune my boat, how should I set it up & sail it in light thru to heavier conditions, ect.
Well, I've pointed out a number of things that I do & utilise for this & that condition however I'm going to guide you all or anyone who is interested enough in how to get the best understanding, performance, ect, out of your boat to a particular site where you'll gain lots of easy to understand knowledge.
You'll all notice a big improvement in how much more your comfort level is when sailing a well set up boat, you'll find it easier & lesser an effort into the bargain & thus far more thrilling & enjoyable.
The people or assoc. that I used to belong to for many a year I'm sure won't mind if I steer you towards their site & their talks / videos which are done by people who are surely among the best in the business. I could never keep up with some of the people you'll see & hear from in these video's. These people will take you thru all, from rigging & set up, to full race trim & handling, start procedure / some tactics. You'll learn about just about everything there is to know & it all applies to pretty much any sailing boat one would think.
Maybe you'll be inspired enough to either now do some racing or greatly improve your racing.
Maybe you'll change classes of boat for one of those in the vids, they are a great class & that class will then thank me for putting this forward.
Anyway if interested set aside some time & search this site, hope you get plenty from it. None of us ever stop learning & improving.
http://www.NS14.org/, go to class information, scroll down to NS14 Training Video, Racing Tips & Practical Demonstrations.
Last edited by don47 on Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don.

Mark III Amigo
Old Fart

Re: TUNING / RACING TIPS

Postby Mark III Amigo » Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm

These videos are really wonderful and entertaining to watch. The guy delivering has a dry sense of humour and makes all concepts easy to absorb. Learn about not being stuck in Coles, Wallyworld or Dear God!!!

don47
Old Fart

Re: TUNING / RACING TIPS. GET READY FOR "WANGI".

Postby don47 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Yes Cookie,, that'll be Pete V that has that certain dry delivery, not a lot could pronounce his surname successfully.
He's a pretty decent type of fella who is a teacher by profession.
Just about all would call him Pete V for short. He was referred to as Pete wheelburrow here & there as well.

I'm trusting that many will take the time to watch these video's, they're well worth it as you know.
They do as you say provide great entertainment value as well as the imparting of knowledge as they were intended.
Do hope that plenty are further encouraged/inspired & get themselves plus boat prepared for particularly Wangi from the 23rd Sept.17. which is going to be surely the best ever put together Championships & Muster for both race & cruise members.
Don.

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:58 am

Well,, it would appear that a number have bothered to watch & listen to the vids from the bit of feed back that I've received here & there.
I'm pleased to say that most that I've had conversation with comment that they've certainly learnt from them.
None of us, experienced or otherwise ever stop learning !
Don.

GlenH
Ensign

Postby GlenH » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Don,
Thanks for posting the link to the videos. They are absolutely fantastic. So much to learn! He makes it all look so easy.
Regards
Glen
Glen H
'Maja Fun Too' C18/109

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Your very welcome Glen, glad you appreciated it all. It's good stuff ha !
You'll now have to put all to good use & show us how it's done at Wangi next month.
Don.

GlenH
Ensign

Postby GlenH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Don, watched them once, now an expert! haha, would take me years to master what he just casually describes in the videos. Not sure about September at this stage, will see if I can drop down for a while to say hi
Regards
Glen
Glen H
'Maja Fun Too' C18/109

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Bumping this informative matter to the top as the Wangi event looms closer.
Come along Glen H & put your new found knowledge to use.
You'll enjoy a great time amongst likeminded with others at your experience level.
None of us are expert of course or know it all !
The day that someone says that they do know it all,, is the very day they need to have a good look at themselves.
There's always something new to learn, no matter the subject or matter.
So come along all in fact, join the group already entered, enjoy yourself whilst utilising your boat & learn a bit more into the bargain !
Don.

Return to “General Discussion”