C18 & C22 NSW States / Nationals / MUSTER & CRUISING. "WANGI" 23rd-24th Sept. 2017

Generally Sailing Talk
don47
Old Fart

C18 & C22 NSW States / Nationals / MUSTER & CRUISING. "WANGI" 23rd-24th Sept. 2017

Postby don47 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 am

Please all,, take lots of notice of this combined weekend of race/cruise matter followed by another week & w/end on beautiful Lake Macquarie cruising about enjoying a host of activities that is not to be missed.
IT IS SURELY BY FAR THE BEST ORGANISED CHAMPIONSHIP / CRUISING EVENT EVER DESIGNED.
Details are now provided in the Careel Newsletter & it's a program that is simply full of great things to suit all with C18 or C22.
Even the w/end following offers something really different & exciting with the NHTYA (who are to run our C/ships allowing Careels that meet their criteria to either compete/cruise) & their Sat 3hr/ Sun 6hr race/cruise regatta. NHTYA are also organising a BBQ & big screen for the Grand Final on the Sat night.
Write up the dates onto your Frig Calendar now.
All commencing from the 23rd-24th Sept. 2017 & continuing into the following week plus w/end.
Come along, compete / cruise plus stay and enjoy with other likeminded for whatever length of time you are able.
Keep those eyes well & truly open for all the details in the News & we really hope to see you there !! :D :D :D
Don.

Smile wave
Ensign

Re: C18 & C22 NSW States / Nationals / MUSTER & CRUISING. "WANGI" 23rd-24th Sept. 2017

Postby Smile wave » Wed May 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Put Blacksheep on the list.

Cheers
Denis C18 408

don47
Old Fart

Re: C18 & C22 NSW States / Nationals / MUSTER & CRUISING. "WANGI" 23rd-24th Sept. 2017

Postby don47 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am

That's a very solid yes from Wagga,, thanks Denis!
Thanks for letting us all know your very clear intention & it will be great to catch up once again.

Of course we're starting to note interest/intention from those who are keen.
Qldr's,, Cookie & Trotts for example have there accommodation on boat & other all organised. They intend to stay down for the whole week following the racing before heading off to the Clarence for the week long pub crawl regatta up there. I'm sure they won't travel down this way alone either. Their effervescence & enthusiasm will assist with much of the race/cruise plans & matter along side that of our own Social Co od's & Cruise staff. If I can sneak some extra time off I'll join them on the Clarence after the 2nd w/ends 3-6hr race/cruise matter as I'll be supporting NHTYA first before departure.
All this matter is starting to warm up quite a bit already. Some of the Vics will be letting their intentions known shortly to I'll wager.

All,, I'd suggest it best to get in early with regard to accommodation if not staying on boat. Google search will assist you greatly in that regard.
Don.

Mango
Captain

Postby Mango » Fri May 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi Don,

Mango Madness from Sydney will coming for sure, my friends Heather and Mic who crewed for me on the Bay2Bay live at Rathmines on the lake and are looking forward to the event.

Cheers,

John

paul trotter
Careel News Foreign Correspondent

Postby paul trotter » Sun May 14, 2017 8:12 am

List of Nationals participants

1. Storm
2. Honey Ryder
3. Nellie
4. Black Sheep
5. Mango Madness
6. Druthers

Let's hope this list continues to grow and it would be good to get some more fast Queenslanders on the list. We have a house for a week and plan to really get to know this magnificent waterway with some passage sails and visits to various clubs and pubs.

Have a good look at the lake on Google to understand its size and nature of its waters. Some key considerations:

1. Its salt water (so great fishing)
2. Almost no tide
3. Flat waters
4. Deep
5. Good exposure to coast breezes
6. Interesting topography means there is lots to explore
7. Great lake side parks with the grass growing down to the water
8. Lots of lake side stopping points with clubs and pubs
9. Lovely mountain scenery and sunsets
10. Almost everyone on the lake is sailing so there is always something nice to look at
11. Great climate

So come down and enjoy it.
Paul Trotter
Nellie C18/472
Vice Commodore North CCYA

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks John, be nice to meet you & crew after our missing each other with you at B2B & me at Marley.
I all but got to B2B this year too but was prevented in doing so by a couple of things including work.

Of course we are quite a few months away from the actual date/s of this huge program yet however, the list is actually already taller than that Trotts with Syntax attending if not out of the lake after being sold off elsewhere. Y- Not & Druthers are surely go ing to be on the start line& all the usual others like Barry (Song of Freedom) who sail so well will also be keen plus we've newcomers to Careel as well. Just realise that the numbers for C18's will be good, decent & better than we've seen for quite a few years. It is even hoped that some competitors will travel from the ACT as well as Victoria.

We need the C22 boat owners & competitors to step up to the plate more so however & show even greater support than has been reflected in the recent past. There's been the usual rock solid fella's for awhile who we greatly appreciate together with their marvelous efforts. Hopefully Don M from Bris, Ian & Dave from Vic are all able to travel to at least the main event & bring along others with them to support local boats.

The CCYA Assoc. would love to see greater competitor numbers visiting from interstate in both classes actually as this would help cement up ideas/plans of getting State Titles run in conjunction with National Titles being shared about between the States of Vic, NSW & Qld in the future as rightfully should be.

The advent of NHTYA (Newcastle Hunter Trailer Yacht Assoc) looking after these C/ship events this time around has been also purposely put into place to also help attract extra numbers for & from both classes as it means more boats are available to compete instead of being possibly part of the official party as either S/F, mark or rescue boat/s.
So even those who have so graciously given up there time previously to help officiate are now able to enjoy some racing.
Don.

Luka
Old Fart

Postby Luka » Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Yes,
Druthers will be there.
Luka
C18-466 / Druthers

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Onya Luka, thanks for confirming. :D
Don.

Curlew 2
Captain

Postby Curlew 2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi Don.

Curlew 2 will be there, I have been raceing on the Clarence. I have Linsay and Paul sailing with me. :mrgreen:

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Good stuff Norm!
Thanks for expressing your keenness & I'm sure you blokes plus all who attend are going to love the racing & cruise/muster program.
I certainly do agree that whoever takes notice & puts into practice those tuning/racing tips mentioned will benefit.
It was great talking to you on the phone & hearing of your cruise plans for after the Wangi week too !
Don.

Mango
Captain

Postby Mango » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Don, I've submitted my entry form, this will be my first Nationals and I'm really looking for to the event!

Cheers,

John

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 am

I've been informed of your entry John.
The excitement now starting to build for us all.
Don.

byrdsworth
Old Fart

Postby byrdsworth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 am

Hi all

where exactly are the nationals to be held ... just looking at possible accommodation options
Not sure if I will make it but will do my best ...

Cheers
Byrds
C18 #457 "Skye Mist"

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:15 pm

G/day Byrds, your attendance is most welcome. Don't even think about not attending as there's to much enjoyment lined up to be had.
The Nats / NSW States plus Muster will be held at Wangi Wangi (Wangi for short).
Wangi is located on the western shore of Lake Macquarie not far south of Toronto.
There are plenty of different types of accom. available at other close by suburbs & towns too but, be warned things do book out quickly & these events are being held during school holidays.
Couple of suggestions: A. Cookie & Trotts may be able to further assist a fellow Qld'r or give advice as they usually arrange accom. at Wangi. They might know of other Qld'rs wanting/looking,,give them a quick call. They will no doubt be camping over at my place the night immediately prior to reaching the lake however, & you'll (or some other travellers) be most welcome to do same. May run out of beds but, there's always the boat if needs be. We've done this for a number of years now,, all park up at mine & we walk for 7-8 mins each way to either one of the Pubs or the Bowlo for dinner & a few beers. The walk is good after sitting in the car all day to get here !
B. Many people will be utilising their boats as amphibious caravans.
Don.

byrdsworth
Old Fart

Postby byrdsworth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks Don
If I attend ... It will most probably be with the other family that came up to coothraba last year

so we will be looking for a house to rent for a week .... spotted a couple online ...

Cheers
and hopefully see you there
C18 #457 "Skye Mist"

Return to “General Discussion”