Request for notification of posts in email

Got a technical problem, something you would like to see added, or just want to whinge? Put it here.
careeled
Old Fart

Re: Complaints/ Bugs /Requests

Postby careeled » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:23 pm

katherinefiona wrote:Silkie is back from her makeover (new main, new electrics, new cushions, new log, new radio, new depthfinder, new billiard-cum-operating table, new locks and hinges and little bits as required, new rubbing strake (aluminium) new guardrail stanchion, new storm boards [translucent plastic, for the benefit of voyeurs in the Careel fleet], new outboard
Kate: Sounds like you should apply for a new hull number. Is there anything left of the original, or is it a similar case to the 100-year-old axe that had had 10 new handles and 5 new heads over its life?

Mark

IanLee
Old Fart

Postby IanLee » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm

Kate, perhaps the September CCYA cruise to The Basin would be a good time to show of your renovated 22. The other cruisers will be relieved that your keel will keep you out of midnight marauding range. Didn't know that Clay could translate from the french, even imperfectly, where did I go wrong bringing him up?
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - so I gave up work
IAN LEE CLOCKWORK 18-403

katherinefiona
Senior Deputy Sub Poster

Postby katherinefiona » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:01 pm

I assume the first 22 was a swing keel, which makes my hull number 2 the matriarch of the fixed keel 22s.

So ... a little more respect for two old ladies, if you please, Mr Lee!

As for your innuendos concerning anchors, I hold myself aloof from such scurrilous slurs.

But beware the black dinghy in the night, with muffled oars and snuffling skipper. Lock up your anchors!!! Be alarmed but not alert. Thank you.

Aaaargh!

Blak Harted Kate

IanLee
Old Fart

Postby IanLee » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:24 pm

Kate. its good to have you posting again, stops things getting to serious
Work is the curse of the drinking classes - so I gave up work

IAN LEE CLOCKWORK 18-403

coolchangekid
Ensign

Postby coolchangekid » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:04 pm

1a
Last edited by coolchangekid on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

katherinefiona
Senior Deputy Sub Poster

Postby katherinefiona » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:17 am

Well, now and ahem,

Having just consulted the Oracle of the Coracle (David Rose, the onlie true begetter of the Compass Careel lineage ... pace any Duncanson claimants to the title) I find that the 22 hull numbers formed a single series. Hull number 1 was a swing keel and is still afloat in Pittwater. Hull number 2 is Silkie. This was also ture, incidentally, for the 18s. I therefore repeat and reinforce my claim that Silkie is the matriarch of the fixed keel 22s and reiterate my claim to the respect befitting my grey hairs and Silkie's primogeniture status.

The rights of primogeniture include _jus prima noctis_ and inalienable legal title to all portable anchors found unguarded above high water mark (MHWS).

And to this document I hereby affix my name.

Katherine Cummings

Keyboarded before me at Kensington, 5th August 2004

Katherine Cummings JP (Registration Number 200101874)

[I think the 2001 in my number is the year I was sworn in and the 1874 may be my birth year]

Kate

katherinefiona
Senior Deputy Sub Poster

Postby katherinefiona » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:27 am

Incidentally, the fixed keel 22 after Silkie was Number 7, which is moored only a few metres from Silkie in Brisbane Water. I have spoken with the owner by phone and we plan to meet for coffee.

As for Number Two being a "flop in the mould", I suspect those are actionable words, resented deeply by both Silkie and myself.

My seconds will wait upon yours in the morning. Pistols for two, coffee for one.

"The grave's a fine and private place, but none, I think, do there embrace." (Marvell).

It would doubtless, however, be a cool change.

Kate

coolchangekid
Ensign

Postby coolchangekid » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:38 pm

1a
Last edited by coolchangekid on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WaterMark
Returned from the archive

Postby WaterMark » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 am

Foooorrrrddddiie foooouuuurrr frrrooooggggyyyy Frigates was the cry from the crows nest....

les sanglots longues des violons de l'automne, blessent mon coeur d'un longeur monotone...

"...The robot desires sandwiches accompanied by violin music, and murmurs " Bless my heart but the brown lounge has deflated (gone flat)".."

What a crap language but Captain Aubrey seems of the view that they could build ships. One hopes this continues with the Beneteau to which I trust my family for the birthday cruise.

There you go Jimbo - on topic eh?
WaterMark C22/83 Ethel May II
WMYC Manly Q

jamesw
Nationals Trophies 4 Sale - Bulk Deals

Postby jamesw » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:24 am

Oi stop casting nasturtions, the only thing close to a sea dog is this: (she's somewhat larger now, about 40kgs worth)
Attachments
DCP_0007a (Medium).JPG
DCP_0007a (Medium).JPG (42.84 KiB) Viewed 8759 times

WaterMark

Postby WaterMark » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:31 am

Now that takes "off topic" to new highs (or lows - though it looks a perfectly charming mutt).......
WMYC Manly Q

maxm
Old Fart

Postby maxm » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:31 am

WaterMark wrote:"...The robot desires sandwiches accompanied by violin music, and murmurs " Bless my heart but the brown lounge has deflated (gone flat)".."

The message was issued by Kate ten days ago, and still no invasion has been seen. Or have I missed something?

Hey, James! Why is your dog looking so depressed? Maybe not enough salt??
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

jamesw
Nationals Trophies 4 Sale - Bulk Deals

Postby jamesw » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:38 am

Max, all Bassetts look depressed, even when they're happy!! (bit like me really).

WaterMark

Postby WaterMark » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:43 am

The message was issued by Kate ten days ago, and still no invasion has been seen. Or have I missed something?

Yeah well, since Kate came back, I been followin' her meanderin's all over this site so yer do get a bit lost at toimes....
WMYC Manly Q

Return to “Complaints/Bugs/Requests”