WANTED TO BUY: Careel 18

Old for sale entries that are no longer on the market. This area is for reference only and so is locked against new postings
bm49
Petty Officer

WANTED TO BUY: Careel 18

Postby bm49 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:37 am

Anyone got a CAREEL 18 in top condition for sale, preferably in NSW but will travel for a good one. Boat, sails, trailer & outboard must be in VGC and well maintained.
Email me with details including model and full equipment list: bill.kinnane@netspeed.com.au
Cheers - Bill

maxm
Old Fart

Re: WANTED TO BUY: Careel 18

Postby maxm » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Bill,

Give Don a call. I think he still has 2 C18s for sale. I haven't seen "Aja" but "Storm" is a lovely boat and I know Don does wonders refurbishing the boats he's had. Have a look through the following thread for more info and contact details:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4766
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

don47
Old Fart

Re: WANTED TO BUY: Careel 18

Postby don47 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Thanks Max for the mention & steering Bill towards my/our (don't want to get into trouble off Robyn) C18's. I spoke with him last night & he's looking for something good & decent alright but, something to cruise with only.
Yes, I can confirm that we have both Storm Mk3 & Monsoon Mk1 here but, neither are for sale at present (unless someone wants to pay overs for one of them). Both are fitted out to perform in racing &/or utilise comfortably as a cruiser.
We had decided to campaign Monsoon this coming season in all the major race events & participate in some cruises then probably sell her with hopefully some trophies &/or ribbons to her name. We won't however, make it to this w/ends Qld States as only quite recently Robyn lost her Dad & emotionally at present it would be wrong for me to leave her perhaps behind & head off to defend a title albeit in a different boat & not the Mk3.
Originally, we were going to call her Aja however, the day came for organising decals & well the name Monsoon won out. She's been fitted out very similarly to Storm which has proven itself very well indeed as a terrific 'allrounder'.
Anyway, if anyone has a good decent probably Mk2-3 for sale or soon to be & that is well set up just for cruising purposes, then contact Bill.
Don.

Return to “Sold!”