"My Mini Stable of C18 For Sale".

For Sale - Careel 18, Single owner, only ever sailed on Botany Bay on Sundays.......
don47
Old Fart

"My Mini Stable of C18 For Sale".

Postby don47 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am

Up "For Sale" are my/our Stable of C18.

Sale includes 4 X C18 however, we'll probably keep the last not sold.

Mk3. 445. 'Storm'. Numerous National, NSW & Qld State Title boat. Purposely rebuilt, revamped & refitted a few yrs back. Nothing needed to be attended to or finished off here. Light grey/white hull with white topside. Slide Hatch, etc,etc. Trailer is much stronger built than most with 13" LT's & all equip in A1 condition. Lot rego'd. An extremely comfortable & attractive boat.

Mk1. 57. 'Aja'. Has an interesting history & has undergone a complete make over, rebuild & refit. Hull is light grey with white topside plus now also sports a Slide Hatch, anchor well, etc. Rego'd quality trailer with 13" LT's . Excellent boat & set up nearing completion.

Mk1.169. 'She'. Was purchased with the intent of refurbishing/developing up as a package & finding her a decent new home where she'll be loved. Hull is white with dark grey waterline. Topside is white with light grey non skid zones. Slide Hatch kit included. Trailer is rego'd & is renowned decent Messant.

Mk1. 200. 'Katrina'. Needs no real intro as a race boat (proud to say that I'm one of the few who ever beat her in completion) but, now has been largely reworked to enjoy either cruise or race situation. The maroon/white hull with white top has been spruced & tidied up somewhat. Interior is now well finished & attractive. She's also been fitted with a water bag & slide out sink since her comp days. Slide Hatch included. She sits on a quality Tracer Trailer revamped & generally made right again. NB: A Qld'r is interested in this boat. I'm holding onto it till next w/end for him to inspect & finalise deal.

Note,, all boats sit on Rego'd tilt Trailers mostly fitted with new brakes, wheels, tyres & mudguards, etc.. They also have good brand name & serviced motors.
Importantly, know that all have been made or are a long way into being made (nearing completion, only small details to finish in some cases however, may all be utilised immediately) into "Allrounders", that is boats developed up into being very suitable for either cruising or racing.
All Mk1 boats have 20mm shaped Centreboards or Keels (the preferred) & fitted with either Dagger or Swing Rudders. The Mk3 has an especially constructed CB/Keel to fill its CB Case.

Call Don or Robyn. 0402 223133. If interested in any of the above. Prices start from $6,900.
Don.

Mark III Amigo
Old Fart

Re: "My Mini Stable of C18 For Sale".

Postby Mark III Amigo » Tue May 01, 2018 9:12 am

What’s going on here Don?

Looks like a clearance sale. Is there a four for the price of three deal?

I know these boats will all be in top Nic under your care Don. A great buy to be had,.

But surely you will keep the famous Mark III?

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Well Davie,, thanks for the kind words.

I/we (we meaning, good wife Rob) have in the past always cared for any C18 that have come our way whether purchased outright or that of someone who has required assistance in some form or another.
It's a funny thing but, we've ended up with a situation currently whereby we've got boats either totally completed & ready for enjoyment immediately or so very close on. A purchaser may want us to totally complete a certain boat with this or that for them or they can take advantage, save a few bucks & complete themselves any final details that they want themselves. Certainly they're all ready for the water now.

Mind you with those that we've purchased, refurbished & found decent new homes for over the years (some of those which were also ready for the water but, we didn't get around to totally finishing off before someone wanted to buy & finish with their own final touches),, they all had to show us the right ingredients about them before hand & I always needed to visualise them completed. Of course some have been bigger jobs than others & spare time sometimes was hard to find however, the likes of hulls always needed to be good & sound or be able to be made that way without major works, decent CB's/keels, masts, interiors, what's the trailer/motor like, etc, etc. We've seen some ordinary boats over the years I can tell you & certainly have had to say sorry, she's not the right boat for us & walk away.

Anyway Ol Mate,, one of the listed above has been spoken for already, deposit taken.
All I can say at present because of my word not to divulge for a few days is that she'll be enjoying in the future being utilised as what I'm very pleased to see & hear about, an 'Allrounder" & that's of course terrific news for both the cruising plus racing divisions.
So,, as for the 4 for 3 deal that you mention,, it ain't happening !! :D
Don.

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 pm

SOLD.
'She' & 'Katrina' are sold & gone to good homes.
'Storm' plus 'Aja' (both set up as great Allrounders suitable for either race/cruise) will be kept & share being utilised in events till seasons end or sold.
Don.

Return to “For Sale”