New Member - C18 Chaconne 429

The place to go when you are new here!
Macca
Land Lubber

Postby Macca » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the Careel family. I spent a bit of time researching before settling on buying a Careel. I purchased Chaconne #429.

I live on the Central Coast of NSW. I haven't sailed for years - I did a little bit of sailing growing up around Belmont. I had previously sailed on Pelicans, VJ's and Cats. I have always enjoyed sailing - I just needed to find the time again! (I will have a bit more time in a few years when I don't have to drive my kids around everywhere.......!)

I consider myself a 'newbie novice'. If there is anyone nearby that I could crew for a few times - that would be a great way for me to learn some of the tricks of the trade. I'm looking forward to becoming a 'Careeler'!

Cheers,

Macca

maxm
Old Fart

Re: New Member - C18 Chaconne 429

Postby maxm » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:19 am

Hi Macca, welcome to the group and congratulations on becoming a new owner!

Pity we don't do much racing any more because there was always a need for crew when we had racing on. Some do race with the Pittwater Aquatic Club but I think they tend to be C22s rather than C18s. The club does have a training course however so you could think about putting yourself down for that. Check the Contacts page for details of the Training Co-ordinator.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Macca
Land Lubber

Postby Macca » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:52 am

maxm wrote:Hi Macca, welcome to the group and congratulations on becoming a new owner!

Pity we don't do much racing any more because there was always a need for crew when we had racing on. Some do race with the Pittwater Aquatic Club but I think they tend to be C22s rather than C18s. The club does have a training course however so you could think about putting yourself down for that. Check the Contacts page for details of the Training Co-ordinator.

Thanks! Will do.

Cheers,

Macca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”