Introduction

The place to go when you are new here!
BluePearl
Land Lubber

Introduction

Postby BluePearl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello Careelers
I am Blue Pearl and am hoping to join the Careel fraternity.
I have had a few boats before .One being an Investigator 563 ,which I loved!
My friend had a Mk ii 18 which I could not beat .I am older now and want to tour Oz single handed and come back to sail Jervis Bay / St Georges Basin hence go small and go sooner!

I am looking for a Careel 18 with a sound trailer (especially) and well found
Regards Rex Clemence

gwhite
Ensign

Re: Introduction

Postby gwhite » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Welcome aboard BluePearl,
The Careel 18 with modern sails and a clean hull will perform above its weight in most club fleets. One thing I have found in light flukey breezes the Mk11 is a handicap winner in mixed fleets at least club and from what I have seen at the last three State/National C18s titles they could easily win at any level with a comfortable crew or one up as I do most weekends these days. Down at St Georges Basin I have enjoyed sailing on the outside of fleet race while on Holidays at the inlet. Great sailing and fishing
Cheers will keep in contact!
Geoff White
C18/442 Patches

don47
Old Fart

Re: Introduction

Postby don47 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:03 am

Hi Rex, there's no doubting it's a lovely area down around Jervis Bay & The Basin as are many locations on the sth coast of course.
Are you particularly interested in a mk2 yourself or would you also be considering of the smaller but lighter mk1 or the bigger but heavier 3 seeing that you are single handed. I'm sure you'll in any case be wanting to be make what you choose/purchase very well equipped & suitable to your liking before heading off on your adventure which would make many of us green with envy. I appreciate your points thus of the requirement of a sound trailer.
Don.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”