Hello from Sunshine coast

The place to go when you are new here!
Land Lubber

Hello from Sunshine coast

Postby frankie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Hello All,

We are Frank and Vicki Fuller, living in the Sunshine Coast.

We are hoping to purchase a Careel 18 and potter in some of the semi sheltered waters in the area.We are both now in our 60s and although I have owned a few trailer sailers over the years I always seem to have spent more time fiddling and fixing rather than sailing. Time for a change! I have a mirror dinghy a the moment and have built and sailed a drascomb lugger. I was in the merchant navy as an engineer in the UK in the 70s, but moved to sunny Qld 27 years ago to raise my kids in the great brown land.

I have always liked Careel 18s and am looking to purchase one to enjoy days out and maybe some overnighters. If anyone out there knows of a C18 in good order on the east coast (preferably mark 2 or 3) please PM me. We hope to join in with some of your sailing activities to gain knowledge, advice and experience.

Glad to be joining your community.

Cheers, Frank.

Old Fart

Re: Hello from Sunshine coast

Postby maxm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Frank and Vicki and welcome to the site. There aren't many C18s of any description on the market at the moment and MkIIs and IIIs are even more rare. You could try this one

although I suspect that it's probably gone by now ... still, it could be worth a phone call.
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”