Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

The place to go when you are new here!
Mikeymud
Petty Officer

Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

Postby Mikeymud » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:55 pm

I have owned my Careel 18 for a couple of years now and have been learning to sail it on Lake Cairn Curran Central Victoria until water levels got very low with the current drought. I have been sailing with the Geelong Trailable Sailor club that sails from the jetties at St Helens . I have been having a great time getting to know the yacht which I named Second Wind . Its identification number had been removed but its mainsail has 180 on it. Is this number its original number ? Unfortunately there are no other Careel18's at Geelong. When I need technical assistance I come to this forum . I am interested to know if there are any other Careel owners around Central Victoria to discuss Careel issues with ? Currently I am about to attempt to install an auto tiller Raymarine st1000 . Does anybody have photos / explanations on where they installed theirs on their Careel 18 they would be willing to share.thanks Mike

maxm
Old Fart

Re: Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

Postby maxm » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome to the gang. Originally there would have been a small plate in the forward end of the port side cockpit locker but they've sometimes been lost. If you have number 180 on the sail then that's probably correct.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”