Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

The place to go when you are new here!
Petty Officer

Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

Postby Mikeymud » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:55 pm

I have owned my Careel 18 for a couple of years now and have been learning to sail it on Lake Cairn Curran Central Victoria until water levels got very low with the current drought. I have been sailing with the Geelong Trailable Sailor club that sails from the jetties at St Helens . I have been having a great time getting to know the yacht which I named Second Wind . Its identification number had been removed but its mainsail has 180 on it. Is this number its original number ? Unfortunately there are no other Careel18's at Geelong. When I need technical assistance I come to this forum . I am interested to know if there are any other Careel owners around Central Victoria to discuss Careel issues with ? Currently I am about to attempt to install an auto tiller Raymarine st1000 . Does anybody have photos / explanations on where they installed theirs on their Careel 18 they would be willing to share.thanks Mike

Old Fart

Re: Newish Careel 18 Owner Central Victoria

Postby maxm » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome to the gang. Originally there would have been a small plate in the forward end of the port side cockpit locker but they've sometimes been lost. If you have number 180 on the sail then that's probably correct.
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”