New C18 owner Lake Macquarie

The place to go when you are new here!
fair winds
Petty Officer

New C18 owner Lake Macquarie

Postby fair winds » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi all,

I purchased my first Careel 18 yesterday from a gentleman in Brisbane - "Linda Lass" No 449. We towed it back home to Lake Macquarie (9.5 hour trip) and managed to park it in a tight spot next to the garage - if it was any nonger I would have been in trouble!

Very happy with the boat and looking forward to getting it out on the Lake. We are keen to learn and plan to take it out on the other waterways nearby such as Wallis Lake, Port Stephens etc.

Happy sailing.

maxm
Old Fart

Re: New C18 owner Lake Macquarie

Postby maxm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Welcome to the gang and congratulations on your new addition to the family!

If you search through this site you'll find some posts for your new baby, including one thread with pictures! viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3173

Whereabouts on Lake Mac are you? There are a few events scheduled on the Lake in the coming months that you may like to join in with.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:31 am

Yeah,,, welcome 'fair winds' look forward to meeting you.
If you look in the cruising section of the site, you'll notice I've included some extra cruise matter for particularly the Newcastle Chapter to the normal program.
Make sure you join the Assoc.( free the first 12 mths) & you'll then be able to receive the mthly Newsletters.
There's a lot of matter happening in & around the Newcastle area this year, quite often is actually.
Trust to catch up on the 22nd Nov.
Don.

fair winds
Petty Officer

Postby fair winds » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome gents,

I have the membership form filled out and ready to send in - we are based in Belmont. I'll also check out the cruising section of the site.

cheers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”