Introducing Myself

The place to go when you are new here!
Sam16
Petty Officer

Introducing Myself

Postby Sam16 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Hello, my name is Simon. I have lived most of my life in Sydney where I learnt to sail on my fathers careel 18. My father introduced me to sailing, a sport that I still love. I have sailed many craft through the years. My first sailing dingy was a Flying Ant which I sailed on Pittwater. Others include lasers, skiffs, larger fixed keel yachts including twilight racing on Sydney Harbour on ex racing yacht Freight Train.
I now live on the Sunshine Coast and am looking to purchase my own Careel 18. I am married with 2 boys which I now want to introduce to sailing. I have been looking at this site recently, find it informative and am looking to find a suitable careel soon. I am willing to travel as needed to find the right careel.

Happy Sailing,

Simon Jones
:D

byrdsworth
Old Fart

Re: Introducing Myself

Postby byrdsworth » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:29 am

Hi Sam

Welcome aboard ... and good luck with your search

There is quite a few sunshine coast Careel 18's so you will be in good company

Cheers
Byrds
C18 #457 "Skye Mist"

paul trotter
Careel News Foreign Correspondent

Postby paul trotter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Welcome Simon we are a very active Careel Fleet in Queensland and hold events every month and in between. Fantastic little boats.

The Sunshine Coast fleet is building and we also have a few boats in and around Brisbane.

I keep an up to date list so let us know if you get a boat.

I know of two that may be coming on the market soon. One in Sandgate and One at Raymond Terrace.

Keep an eye on this site and boatpoint and gumtree for boats. There is a beautiful looking Mk111 for sale in NSW which looks a bit expensive but fantastic.

Don't die wondering. I bought my first Careel 18 eleven years ago and traded up to a continental last year. i am in love with the class and the great friends I have met over the years sailing. Go out and get one.......best decision you could ever make!
Paul Trotter
Nellie C18/472
Vice Commodore North CCYA

Sam16
Petty Officer

Postby Sam16 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.
I am keep to get C18 ASAP.
I will keep a look out for the yachts you mentioned.

Regards,
Simon.

leeweir
Ensign

Postby leeweir » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:40 am

G'day Simon, you are welcome to join us for a sail until you get your boat. We sail regularly from Bribie Island weekends and school hols. Have a 22 with a safety net and could do with some company for my 10 year old! Regards, Lee

Return to “Introduce Yourself”