Careel 18 Boat Register

The place to go when you are new here!
maxm
Old Fart

Re: Careel 18 Boat Register

Postby maxm » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:15 am

No Way wrote:Like the Idea of an historic entry of names as Don suggested. Maybe then progress to Pauls idea with more info like deck color for cross referencing.
At least Dons idea is not too much of an imposition Max. Original name first thru to current name
So, after going thru some old records I can add "as launched" names for a few boats
3 Bali Hai
7 Jirgen Ruwa
34 Osprey
35 Tarka
66 Gloria 111
68 Iolaire
100 Obalix
Am pretty sure that 94 was Ross Fehlbergs 1st boat the original Flamingo - 57 had another name at launch which escapes me at present but I did race on it so it will eventually remember.

Thanks No Way. I've added those details now.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Mango
Ensign

Postby Mango » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi Max,

I changed the name of C18/88 from "Beagle" to "Mango Madness" 2 years back. Since then we've competed in 2 Marley's and the Bay to Bay. Next year we're coming to the Nationals.

Cheers,

Mango

paul trotter
Careel News Foreign Correspondent

Postby paul trotter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I counted nine Keel boats which is a lot more than I thought. I wonder how many are languishing on moorings on the Harbour or Pitwater?
Mew always enjoy our duels with the crew of Syntax the Lake Macquarie based keeler.
Paul Trotter
Nellie C18/472
Vice Commodore North CCYA

Mikeymud
Petty Officer

Postby Mikeymud » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 am

The identification plate is missing on Second Wind(Careel 18) but 180 is on the sails. I notice in this listing boat number 180 is listed as Feretiti . The previous owner of Second Wind used the name Coromandel at the Bendigo Yacht Club I believe about 15 years ago . Is Feretiti currently sailing . Any suggestions re clarifying my confusion re Second Winds actual number. cheers Mike

Mick
Land Lubber

Postby Mick » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:35 pm

How would I find out the info on 50 Sequester? The Careel 18 I have just bought has the number 50 on the main sail but no tag in the icebox.
It is a early model as it does not have a hatch above the cabin entry and 3 ports per side instead of 2 found in the later models.
Mick.

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:41 am

G/day Mick & Mikeymud.
If you both give Pam or Dave Rose a call on 02 99744701 you may be able to learn more about your particular boats as they have kept records from manufacture. However, their records these days also rely on boat owner info being forwarded on when a change in ownership occurs, so that's also where you can further assist them. Your queries are part of the reason why the Assoc. needs to keep as accurate as possible records itself & why we need to keep a note of changed boat names/ownership as they occur.
Don.

Schulzini
Land Lubber

Postby Schulzini » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Several years ago we purchased C18-412 from a couple in Yungaburra, Far North Qld. She carries the name Kanani. We enjoy sailing and camping with her on Tinaroo Dam on the Atherton Tablelands, south west of Cairns.

BluePearl
Land Lubber

Postby BluePearl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello Careelers
BluePearl here(Rex)New owner of Patches Boat 442 last of the series 2.
In the process of major refit after purchase from Geoff White ,who had started well on its refit way .
I am adding new cushions and curtains and re jigging interior to suit two people .
1. Water bag plus sink
2.re-fitting original metho stove
3.re-wiring plus Ark battery pack
4.g.p.s /sounder
5.Re-paint of storm boards,Plimsol line and Rudder.
6.New furling system
7.new stanchions and safety rails
As you can tell cruising is my way and with all the extra weight I would need a good handicap!!

I noticed 442 has the name faintly seen of being previously called Crazy Kangaruh before Patches .

She is being re-named SWANSONG My age of 70 years helping re-name!
Many thanks to all who contribute on this site .
regards Rex

BluePearl
Land Lubber

Postby BluePearl » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello again fellow Careel sailors.
Purchaser of 442 Patches and now re-named

SWANSONG

Lindsey
Captain

Postby Lindsey » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Max, 363 is Linzee Cheers Lindsey

maxm
Old Fart

Postby maxm » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Lindsey wrote:Hi Max, 363 is Linzee Cheers Lindsey

Of course it is! Now fixed. :D
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"

(Dr Strangelove)

jeremy
Ensign

Postby jeremy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi Max,
i guess impatience got the better of me and i've purchased a Careel 18. The previous owner was Chris Watt form Kiama. The sail number is 350 and she used to be called Blonde. The previous owner has tried to remove all trace of its name however there is a slight "shadow" remaining. Needless to say I'll be renaming her.
please add details to the register,
cheers, Jeremy
C18/350 - no name as yet
Newcastle

maxm
Old Fart

Postby maxm » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:39 pm

jeremy wrote:Hi Max,
i guess impatience got the better of me and i've purchased a Careel 18. The previous owner was Chris Watt form Kiama. The sail number is 350 and she used to be called Blonde. The previous owner has tried to remove all trace of its name however there is a slight "shadow" remaining. Needless to say I'll be renaming her.
cheers, Jeremy

Good work Jeremy! Better sailing in a near perfect boat than sitting on the shore waiting for the perfect one I reckon. 8)

I've updated the register but let us know if you decide to change the name.

Meanwhile, don't forget that there's a cruise on the horizon up the Colo River. It could make a good shake out cruise, what with it being motor only and pretty simple directions (upstream, turn right at the fork, follow the other boats). And has anyone shoved a membership form under your nose yet? (Hint) :) :wink:
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"

(Dr Strangelove)

Chris Collin
Petty Officer

Postby Chris Collin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanks for the Register. I bought 416 a few years back. Previously known as "Eres Tu" (apparently the name of the Spanish entry for the Eurovision song contest in 1973), she was renamed "Hydrotherapy" by the previous owner.
regards
Chris

jeremy
Ensign

Postby jeremy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:48 pm

maxm wrote:
jeremy wrote:Hi Max,
cheers, Jeremy

Good work Jeremy! Better sailing in a near perfect boat than sitting on the shore waiting for the perfect one I reckon. 8)

I've updated the register but let us know if you decide to change the name.

Meanwhile, don't forget that there's a cruise on the horizon up the Colo River. It could make a good shake out cruise, what with it being motor only and pretty simple directions (upstream, turn right at the fork, follow the other boats). And has anyone shoved a membership form under your nose yet? (Hint) :) :wink:

Thanks Max,
I've recently sent off my application for membership forms. Things have been very busy at my end so no time for sailing or cruising however, summer holidays are just around the corner so until then ill have to wait.
cheers, Jeremy
C18/350 - no name as yet
Newcastle

Return to “Introduce Yourself”