START BY READING THIS

The place to go when you are new here!
maxm
Old Fart

START BY READING THIS

Postby maxm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Bought a Careel? Interested in Careels? Not sure about how to kick off that first posting on this site??

Well you can start by telling us about yourself, your boat and your interests. Where abouts you live, where you like to sail, what experience you've had, etc, etc. Don't worry if you don't have any experience... all of us here started that way. Don't worry if you're not sure about stuff. We love to help. On the other hand, if you've got years of experience - GREAT! Maybe you can answer some of our questions!?

Just start a new topic (click the "New Topic" button on the top left), fill in a subject line and fill in any details you care to in the text box. When you're done, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom.

The rules for this forum category are simple - no commercial posts, no spam and no derogatory material. And please try keep it on topic (ie it's all about YOU) - at least at first anyway.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Doug
Ensign

Postby Doug » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Max
I should have started here first.
As you can tell I am Bobs brother (I am the good looking one :wink: )
Fist boat was Boomaroo 22. Next was a home made job not mine. Then a Southcoast 22. 60 year old timber launch on the Hawkesbury river. Now a C18.
Got it on e-bay. The number on the sail is 47.Live in Picton NSW. Will sail any where.

Lollipop
Land Lubber

New member of forum - need a C18 Mk1 rudder stock

Postby Lollipop » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Max,
I am a previous member who still has his Careel 18 No.22 which my Dad (current member) and I acquired in 1984 and used regularly on Pittwater up to the early 90s. We won the NSW champs a couple of times but peaked at second in the national championships in 91. We were also enjoying the new year cruises to the Myall lakes with our young children and other cruises.
Then I went offshore sailing from the mid 90s to early naughties in a friend's North Shore 38 at CYC. Since 2000 I have been mucking about with classic cars with only a few races on a Santana 30 at RPAYC. Car yoga not quite as hard on the back as the 'careel crouch' in a Mk1 18 without a sliding hatch after a long cruise, but you do get greasier.javascript:emoticon(':D')

We are thinking of coming out of hibernation just to potter about but need to replace the rudder stock which has rotted out. I note the recent post where someone did have their original C18 rudder stock which was surplus to their current setup.

Does anyone else still have their original C18 Mk1 rudder stock unused in a corner of their garage? We have all the hardware and the rudder blade/plate from ours.

auscruiser
Petty Officer

New Member to Forum

Postby auscruiser » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 am

Hi Max have just bought a C22 called Two Elevens, EX Bluegrass hull no 28,she is a project boat. Yea Gods I must have been Crazy buying on Ebay. Annyhow I'm starting to get Stuck into it, first problem apears to be the keel . Transporting the boat from Brisy to GC the keel ended up resting on the trailer axle,at home it pumped up rather hard about 25 kg on the winch handle, and seated with a nice clunk,however when attempting to drop it the lever turned loosely and keel did not drop down. I am hoping someone will be able to diagnose this problem. I will also slide the trailer out from underneath the boat next week,in order to modify it. Hoping to find someone on the GC or Brisbane with a trailer that I can take some measurments and photos of. Now that taking care of buisness is over, I arrived on these great shores twenty years ago from Canada ,started sailing in the seventies after trading my Harley for a 22 footer, sailed some of the Pacific and the Caribbean the 80s,in a Contessa 32,and an Alberg 30 . Recently started sailing a MG14 with our newly formed Tweed Valley SC Enjoyed reading all that great info thanks Cheers Tom

Return to “Introduce Yourself”