I have recently purchased Careel 18 No 259

The place to go when you are new here!
bm49
Petty Officer

I have recently purchased Careel 18 No 259

Postby bm49 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Last month I purchased Careel 18 No. 259 named Shemara. She has a green hull/cream top structure and has the desirable sliding hatch cover.
With my seventieth birthday rapidly approaching, I have just retired from a lengthy period of racing production-type sedans and sports cars. Despite some 30 years passing since my wife and I enjoyed recreational sailing aboard 14 foot catamarans we are looking forward to the pleasure of using the more stately C18 mainly in waters on the NSW south coast around Batemans Bay, St Georges Basin and Tuross/Coila Lakes.
A special thanks to Don47 for his time and useful advice when I was researching the Careel 18 range of boats.

don47
Old Fart

Re: I have recently purchased Careel 18 No 259

Postby don47 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Enjoy your purchase !
Am I right in remembering that, that boat used to belong to one of the Carwardine fella's (Jeff a few years back) & has a kite ?
Not many seem to know (I was once informed by life member G Shepard) that the Roses sent a dozen or so C18 to Victoria to complete order/s !
Don.

bm49
Petty Officer

Re: I have recently purchased Careel 18 No 259

Postby bm49 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi Don
I did not get any history with the boat. However it does have a comprehensive supply of sails including a kite. I bought it from a guy called Terry who lived just outside Bega on the far South Coast so it could well have been picked up in Victoria. I am glad I held out for a model with the sliding hatch cover.
regards, Bill

Return to “Introduce Yourself”