Careel Cruises

A place to talk about Cruising, Cruising modifications, show photos of Cruising.
Drifter
Captain

Careel Cruises

Postby Drifter » Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi All,

I have always understood that organising a cruise with multiple people attending is a mean feat at the best of times with the pressures and expectations of work and family life to say the least however in my short time within the Careel group it seems the cruising fleet (around Sydney) is slowly getting smaller. I just wanted to propose a suggestion which hopefully will not cause any insult or offence to anyone. I was considering if having a few joint cruises with similar groups and/or associations would add to the numbers and social aspect of cruising that many of us enjoy. I an thinking of hartleys, nolex's, farrs, etc which all have different groups on facebook. I know for one that the hartley group have commented on facebook that their cruising numbers are significantly down. Even the Hunter/Newcastle trailer sailor sailor group. I am still fairly new to the group and by no means want to rustle feathers or step on toes just trying to think of ways to add to our group than to sit back and watch the cruising numbers dwindle away. I sincerely hope my thoughts and comments have caused offence. If they do please inform me and will happily take this post down immediately.

Cheers,
Ben

Drifter
C18/137

Ulwike
Land Lubber

Re: Careel Cruises

Postby Ulwike » Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi Ben,

nothing wrong with it! Not sure how it will work out. Then this is a side (Club) with only this boat type? Maybe we have to find out why the numbers are down. Myself has not anymore a TS at all. Went over to the dark side of a keel boat (Swanson 28). Even we got smaller numbers turning out on cruses. Perhaps that the time at the moment.

Karl

maxm
Old Fart

Postby maxm » Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Ben,

I reckon it'd be a sad day if we couldn't discuss such things on what should be a forum for discussing things. As for your suggestion, I'm sure it's been suggested before and resisted so far. But as numbers dwindle, who knows? If you're able to go to the upcoming AGM that could be a good suggestion to throw into the mix during general business.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

No Way
Old Fart

Postby No Way » Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm sure that anyone who wishes to can join the Myall Lakes Aquatic Club for $30/year. They have numerous subsidised events(monthly) during the year with a couple of land-based activities in the winter. Ok, so they are primarily a bunch of big powerboat owners but there's a few of us yachties and everyone knows how welcoming Mac and Linda from the poo-barge are. If there were enough Careels turning up then they will cater for you. Check the website and read the newsletters [url]http://www.mlac.org.au/[/url]

Return to “Cruising”