"Top of the Myalls"

A place to talk about Cruising, Cruising modifications, show photos of Cruising.
don47
Old Fart

"Top of the Myalls"

Postby don47 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:17 am

Just a reminder for the overnighter departing from Neraine Bay b/ramp at 10am. 7th-8th May.16.
We'll have smoko straight away at Neraine Sands so if you're running late catch up there.
Check your Newsletters for other details. All welcome.
NB: Another choice for the overnight might be in the Shelley region if weather denotes rather than Kataway.
Mob: 0402 223133 or Radio: Chan 27.88 then 27.94
Don.

No Way
Old Fart

Re: "Top of the Myalls"

Postby No Way » Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

....eek! Its Mothers Day and 2 mothers to entertain - one each day of weekend.
Bugger can't make as a result. Not been on lakes for a while.
Enjoy

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:56 am

Yep, Mum's Day weekend, so my good lady will be receiving & making some long distant calls while we're enjoying a weekend away on the boat. Better sneak onboard some chocolates & flowers. Weather looks generally very good but, with some maybe mod northerlies on the sunday together with some maybe late wet stuff.
Please give me a quick call if attending so I can keep an extra eye open for you.
Happy Mothers Day to all you lovely Mums.
Don.

paul trotter
Careel News Foreign Correspondent

Postby paul trotter » Wed May 11, 2016 8:00 pm

And the report?

How far down the lake system did you get?

Did you find my bimini pole, radio mast, Careel Burgee or Flag!

Lovely lake system but it likes to eat bits of my boat!
Paul Trotter
Nellie C18/472
Vice Commodore North CCYA

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Both Robyn & I had a fantastic time Trotts.
We needed & certainly appreciated greatly the escape from everyday work ect.
The weather was good except for a bit of gusting northerly on the Sunday while returning to Naraine but was handled easily.
We ventured down as far as Shelley but, overnighted just to the north in a nice little quite sandy bay that we enjoy.
Nah, sorry didn't happen across any of your lost possessions.
Don.

No Way
Old Fart

Postby No Way » Wed May 11, 2016 9:25 pm

That nice little sandy bay is Blossom Pt. Full of large cruisers at Easter and Xmas

don47
Old Fart

Postby don47 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:32 am

Yep, just immediately to the south of Blossom Pt itself does get busy during the main holiday periods but, it is generally a bit more private & a very pleasant spot unless you've got something blowing in on you from any westerly direction on other occasions usually.
Like Shelley, if weather is ok Palmers Sands area & back towards Blossom is also good however, you haven't the same open beach & foreshore available except for one nice little spot which has to be negotiated into with a bit of care. Its only any good really for one shallow drafter & as said if you've anything with strength from the west particularly in the cooler times of the year, forget it.
I'm sure being Mother's Day weekend did keep people away however, there were a few about boating/camping particularly as you'd expect at Naraine & Shelley.
We gave any possible late attender some time to turn up at Naraine before venturing all the way via the eastern foreshore stopping for lunch & arvo tea in the favoured which we had largely to ourselves. We slow motored admiring wildlife, the beauty of the shallows, ect all the way right down & around to Kataway Reef. Rediscovered & almost acquainted ourselves with one or two of the old sunken logs that must have escaped the loggers/mills from yester year. Not long before dusk we decided to move over to our choosen at Blossom's to be rid of the slight as it then northerly that was blowing into Kataway.
The evening sky was just a mass of stars & we were very comfortable after a great feed a few glasses of red. (If I'd thought earlier about it, I"d have thrown in some fire wood for the night as well as there is the odd rough stone fire place around). The next morning saw us cleaning up a bit after a very heavy dew but, a tasty breakie with a good cuppa soon made for a great start to the day, Mum's Day !
Don.

Return to “Cruising”