C22 trailer photos

Ronandju
Petty Officer

C22 trailer photos

Postby Ronandju » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi there
I have just bought a Careel 22, would like to build a new trailer for it, would anyone out there have a set of plans or photos to help with the build

Kind Regards
Ron

Edwin Flynn
Old Fart

Re: C22 trailer photos

Postby Edwin Flynn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:30 pm

I will post some photos for you in the next couple of days.
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail!!
The following is my club's web site which I authored. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed building it.
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com

Edwin Flynn
Old Fart

Postby Edwin Flynn » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Some more images that I uploaded today. If you are in Victoria look me up.

The following two photos are the rear of g]the trailer. Note the position of the swinging roller at the end. This is held in position with a bungee cord.

Another view of that swinging roller at the end. See how it is held in the position so that the keel can go over the end of the trailer both when launching and retrieving.

Next is a view of the front of the trailer. I use castor wheels rated at about 130 kg's each at the rear and middle of the trailer. I use two on each side so there presently are 8 of these castor wheels before the boat contact the front two rollers. These are pneumatic and will they be replaced with castor wheels next season. I only fitted the middle 4 caster wheels before the Easter Cruise. The Pneumatic types that I replaced where injected with a rubber material which melted during the last heat wave down in Victoria.

Again this is a frontal view showing the side supports of the boat. The boards have a white slippery plastic material.

The next photo shows the Tilt point of the trailer.

Next photo shown the Tilt locking mechanism of the trailer

The next photo shows the Winch post and my Super Winch 5000.

Last edited by Edwin Flynn on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail!!
The following is my club's web site which I authored. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed building it.
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com

Ukuri
Old Fart

Postby Ukuri » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:50 am

Hi Ron,
Which 22 did you buy and where are you situated?
I'm currently replacing the springs and various other sundry bits so I have the trailer up on blocks with the boat off it.
If you're in Brisbane you're more than welcome to come and have a look and take measurements.
Have a read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2950 for a comprehensive discussion of the pros and cons of the various systems.

Cheers
Chris

Ronandju
Petty Officer

Postby Ronandju » Mon May 18, 2015 11:43 am

Hi Guys
The boat was from the naval cadets on the Gold Coast , it is called Champagne Baby, she's getting a respray at the moment, we are situated on the Gold Coast, Thanks for posting up the pics of the trailer much appreciated, I will posts some photos up soon of the progress, hopefully approx 3 to 4 weeks and we will be on the water.

Kind Regards

Ron

maxm
Old Fart

Postby maxm » Mon May 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Ron, another thread about trailers, especially springs and brakes which includes some photos.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3553

From what I can see, my trailer is very similar to Wanton's, including hydraulic brakes but mine has 3 short side supports each side instead of one long one. I need to drop the rear most supports before launching and then I raise them back up after retrieving. Also, since that thread I've gone with LED lighting on the trailer. It's a bit pricey but I'm glad I spent the money - now there's no problems with bulbs blowing, corroding or coming loose. Plus they are a sealed unit so they can stay attached during launch/retrieve. One less thing to do.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

Return to “Technical Articles”