Mast Mate - Erection Helper ...

Flatty
Petty Officer

Mast mate

Postby Flatty » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi All

I just spoke with David from mast mate (great bloke), and he confirms that I should have used the baby stays as recommended with Mast Mate. It was MY Error not to use the baby stays. The mast mate is a good tool which makes rasing and lowering the mast alot safer and easer when used as it is designed. I wrote the above post to be helpful to other new users . Please give Dave a ring or PM me if you want his contact details he is really really helpful and has been a great source of information.
I hope this helps.
Kindest Regards
Peter
Flatty
Emerald

Drifter
Captain

Re: Mast Mate - Erection Helper ...

Postby Drifter » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry but I seem to drag up all the old threads! I am seriously looking into a simple (hopefully) system to allow my C18 Mk1 mast (no spreaders) to be raised and lowered safely. I spoke to the guy at mastmate today as he seemed very honest and reasonable. Has anyone had experience with the system? I know Vern has set up a system however I was trying to avoid drilling into the roof of the cabin and all the poles etc that are associated. Maybe I am trying to do something that is not possible but just thought I would check in with the Careel brainstrust.

Cheers,
Drifter
C18 Mk1

jeremy
Ensign

Re:

Postby jeremy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Simon wrote:I have just ordered one.

Happy to show or lend it to anyone up at Newcastle or Lake Macquarie who is interested in seeing how it works.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,
I've been looking at getting a Mast Mate for sometime too. I'd be very interested to see yours in action or borrow it to see how it goes. I live in Mayfield, Newcastle so could meet when it suits you.
Cheers
Jeremy
C18/350 - no name as yet
Newcastle

jeremy
Ensign

Re: Mast Mate - Erection Helper ...

Postby jeremy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm

....I'm curious as to what the Verne system is that a few people have mentioned
is it off the shelf or a design by one of our members?
Jeremy
C18/350 - no name as yet
Newcastle

Return to “Technical Articles”