For sale - Careel 22 / 77 - Chi 2 - in NSW

Old for sale entries that are no longer on the market. This area is for reference only and so is locked against new postings
hamishp
Land Lubber

For sale - Careel 22 / 77 - Chi 2 - in NSW

Postby hamishp » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm

For sad sale - much loved family racing and cruising vessel for 40 years.

The highlights:
- a fast hull that has taken her to victory at the Marlay Point Overnight yacht race, multiple national championships as well as multiple club winter/summer racing series.
- barely used 2 stroke outboard
- barely used mainsail
- barely used light dacron genoa
- other sails include: number 2, 3 and storm jibs, spare old but serviceable mainsail, 2 x spinnakers
- horn at the top of the keel attaching to the hydraulic ram came standard as cast iron - replaced with stainless steel.
- mooring ready. Hull epoxied and freshly antifouled. Spent a year on a mooring but has sat on the trailer since being antifouled.
- dual axle trailer with electric winch and spare tyre
- trailer registered to June 2020
- vessel registered until March 2020

...and there has to be a catch with the asking price being so low - yep - the mast was broken in a misadventure with a gusty westerly. I am assured it is readily replaced however we cant justify it with the amount of use she gets.

Asking price - $6000 - offers accepted

photos and contact details:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney- ... 1220368011

maxm
Old Fart

Re: For sale - Careel 22 / 77 - Chi 2 - in NSW

Postby maxm » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Hamish,

You're not the first to break a mast in a mishap. The boat (not mine!) I saw going through this tragedy had their mast replaced under insurance. Have you tried contacting your insurer? I've had two stolen outboards replaced by my insurer. Even if you still sell, it could be worth putting in a claim and paying the excess to get a better sale price.
Max
C22/54 "Katrina II"
Mitsubishi PC Challenger auto

"It could easily be accomplished viz a coppuder"
(Dr Strangelove)

hamishp
Land Lubber

Re: For sale - Careel 22 / 77 - Chi 2 - in NSW

Postby hamishp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 pm

they wouldnt pay up because the rig was very old - hardly blame them

sold the old girl today - sad - but the new owner is intent on doing her up and restoring her to her former glory - so also happy

Return to “Sold!”